Welcome to Danzeisen & Quigley
Started in 1961, Bob Danzeisen Ski & Sport set up shop in Haddon Heights, New Jersey, specializing in Ski Equipment, related gear and Bicycles. For many years D&Q was recognized not only for the distinctive “ski chalet” design of it’s building but for the exceptional level of service and selection within.
As interest in recreational sports grew through the 1970’s D&Q expanded its’ operations to a total of 4 locations in Burlington, Camden and Gloucester counties. Our reputation grew as well. Voted Eastern Ski Retailer of the Year by Ski Industries of America 3 times, the recognition of excellence was just beginning.
With the explosion of physical fitness awareness during the 1980’s, D&Q consolidated its’ operations from 4 locations to its’ current location in 1987. Centrally located, this proved most beneficial to customers and staff alike. Not only did the new, 31,000 sq. foot, equally distinctive building provide more space and parking for customers, it also allowed for a wider selection of merchandise as well as the introduction of other sporting goods. Always on the cutting edge of recreational and fitness trends through the years, we’ve offered top of the line Tennis, In-line Skate, and Golf products. But it was in keeping with our staples of Ski, Bike and Competitive Swim that we concentrated our efforts and expertise.
Advances in materials and technologies made Ski Equipment and Clothing better, Bikes lighter, faster, more aerodynamic and Swimsuits more resilient with less drag.
Then came Snowboarding, a revolution in the snowsport industry. Once considered a sub-culture and barred from many areas, this fun, social sport has spread globally. “Extreme” became a household word. “Freestyle” opened up a whole new arena for Boarders & Skiers alike. Pipes and Parks. Rails and Jumps. And D&Q has been right there at the forefront, embracing this phenomenon and its’ innovations in sports equipment and fashion.
From two boards (or one!) to two wheels, when it comes to fitness, there’s nothing like Biking. D&Q has been in the business of Bikes since 1969. Steel frames and 3 gears have morphed to carbon fiber and 30 gears. Biking has become a science and a lifestyle and we appreciate both. Whether you’re a gentle cruiser or hard-core rider our expert advise, fitting, mechanics, service and apparel with put you on the road in comfort and style. Not to mention our selection is the best in South Jersey!
D&Q decided to “dive” into the deep end of the pool in the early 70’s, introducing a full range of competitive swimwear and accessories. Recognized as the premier swim team supplier in the tri-sate area, D&Q understands the technology, physiology and fluid dynamics of competitive swimming.
Consistently voted a Gold Medal Shop by the readers of Ski Magazine (10 years and counting) and chosen as NATIONAL SHOP OF THE YEARin 2004, we continually strive to be the best at what we do.
Add to that -
- Top 100 - Bicycle Dealers in the country since 1990. Most recent award March 2009!
- America’s Top Ski Shop Award – Snow Country Magazine 1994/95
- Best of South Jersey (Sporting Goods) – Courier Post 1995
- Best of Philly (Extreme Sports) – Philadelphia Magazine 2002
- Eastern Regional Shop of the Year – Ski Magazine
- Best of the Best (Best Sporting Goods) – South Jersey Magazine 2004
- Best of the Best (Commitment, Determination, Vision) – South Jersey Magazine 2006
- Americas Best Bootfitters – 2003 to 2006
- MS150 (Multiple Sclerosis) Bike Ride Sponsor since 1983
- No Cents Summer Sizzler XC Mountain Bike Race
- DQ Tri-Du Race Series
- Sponsor of the Tri-County Swimming Championships since 1975
- Home of the Summit Cycling Clubs
- Home of the Landskaters, Philadelphia Skate Patrol and the First Town Watch Program on skates in the country
PROGRESSION OF ALTERNATIVE SPORTS